Americans call it vest; and in
it is called as waistcoat. Waistcoats can give you great look in Business as well as in Casual. One has only to know how to wear them! Britain
They need to look like they’re tailor made, just like any well-fitting blazer. The waist of the vest looks better when it fits perfectly. Seriously, there’s kind of an art to choosing the right Waistcoat.
- It must not be too short where it makes the body look like the waist is too high (As the name says: waistcoat. It sits on the waist!)
- It must not be too long as to drown out the figure.
- It should not be too loose as to hide the waist and the arm holes can’t be too big.
- The neckline shouldn’t be too high up either.
But when you’ve found the correct fitting waistcoat, its very figure flattering. It’s always worth the hunt for the perfect fit one.
Wearing Patterns for Women:
Most women shy away from wearing a waistcoat as it was previously considered too masculine an item of clothing.. Most women also do not really know how to get a perfect look with a waistcoat. Here are a few great ideas on how to wear a waistcoat:
- With a dress:
Denim vests you can try on a single piece dress even on a regular one that you use.
- With a Shirt or Blouse ( Half /Full sleeves)
This gives a flattering look when its worn with a solid colored blouse or shirt no matter whether it’s a full sleeve or half. Even you can keep your vest open showing your printed T-Shirt.
- A Suspender pattern Waistcoat
This is basically a mix design of a vest and suspenders. These kinds of waistcoats look great. It’s a kind of waistcoat that sits below the chest instead of on the chest and the top looks like suspenders.
· As a Top with wide legged pants
The secret to get a great look is to make sure you don’t choose a vest that just shows of the body . It must be well fitting, but you shouldn’t show too much midriff or cleavage, plus you must make sure the arm holes don’t go too low, showing your bra. You can make this look classy. Check out Victoria Beckam: